Welcome to CuisineGhar kitchen
Chingri Macher Dhoka’r Dalna | চিংড়ি মাছের ধোঁকার ডালনা is a traditional Bengali recipe. In this recipe, prawn paste is blended with lentil paste then the dhoka is cooked in a smooth gravy.
SERVING: 6-8 Servings
COOKING TIME: 45min (approx.)
CALORIES COUNTS: Not Available
RECIPE VIDEO LINK: https://youtu.be/ZU05cX4GRCs
- 2tbsp ghee
- 1tbsp sugar
- 1cup coconut milk
- 400g prawn paste
- 2tsp cumin powder
- ½tsp turmeric powder
- 2tsp coriander powder
- 1½tsp salt (or to taste)
- ¼cup & ½cup white oil
- 2tbsp ginger & garlic paste
- 1½tsp garam masala powder
- 120g onion & 3green chilli paste
- 150g cashew nuts & 2tbsp yoghurt paste
- ½ cup split chickpea lentils (chana dal) paste
- ½ cup yellow split peas lentils (matar dal) paste
Q: How to make Chingri Macher Dhoka’r Dalna at home?
Ans: Please watch the recipe video on the YouTube channel ‘CuisineGhar’.
Q: How to prevent lentils from insects?
Ans: Put a few dry chillies or dry neem leaves in an airtight jar to prevent lentils from insects, especially in rainy seasons.