Welcome to CuisineGhar kitchen
Doi Pabda or দই পাবদা is made with Pabda Fish also known as Indian Catfish. This recipe is Bengali-style fish curry. The recipe can be cooked very fast with common ingredients, but it tastes good. This fish contains fewer bones, making it ideal for those who avoid fish because of bones.
COOKING TIME: 30min (approx.)
CALORIES COUNTS: 114 Calories (approx.) / 1raw fish
- ⅓cup yoghurt
- 6pcs green chilli
- 100g sliced onion
- 2pcs dry red chilli
- 1tbsp sesame seeds
- 2tsp turmeric powder
- 2½tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1tbsp plain flour (maida)
- ½cup & 1tbsp mustard oil
- 1-2pc(s) slitted green chilli
- 10g fresh coriander leaves
- 1tbsp grated fresh coconut
- 1tbsp brown mustard seeds
- 1tbsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1tsp black cumin (kalo jeera)
- 1tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 6pcs indian catfish (pabda fish)
Q: How to cook Doi Pabda Recipe at home?
Ans: Please watch the recipe video on the YouTube channel ‘CuisineGhar’.
Q: How to fry/cook fish without breaking it?
Ans: If you lightly sprinkle the fish in plain flour before frying or cooking it, it will be less likely to break